You Can Join Our Catholic Service Board
If you would like to make a deeper volunteering commitment to St. Margaret Hall, there are opportunities to join our Catholic Service Board. The Board is made up of more than 100 women dedicated to sharing their time and talents to make St. Margaret Hall a comfortable and life enriching experience.
The over 60 year old organization plans weekly and monthly events for residents and manages Cinderella's Cellar, a resale shop that benefits St. Margaret Hall and other community organizations.
If you are interested in joining the Catholic Service Board or would like to learn more, please fill out the form on this page.
Some of the events the Catholic Service Board plans include:
- Weekly crafts where residents create projects that will be sold at the annual bazaar.
- Organize a game of Bingo with prizes so residents can get a chance to socialize in a fun atmosphere one afternoon a week.
- Each Tuesday members of the Catholic Service Board bring a hospitality cart around to the resident’s room that carries a variety of snacks and goods the residents can purchase.
- The Catholic Service Board organizes a monthly pre-dinner cocktail party that features drinks, snacks and entertainment for residents and their families.
- Monthly birthday celebrations are held for all residents who had a birthday during the month.
- A favorite among the women of the Kahl Home is the Ladies Luncheon. Each month the Catholic Service Board members prepare a special lunch and the residents assist with decorating the room and making the meal.
Cinderella's Cellar is a resale shop in Davenport operated by members of the Catholic Service Board. Sales from the shop are gifted to the Kahl Home and other community organizations.
Cinderella's Cellar accepts donations of clothing, household items, and furniture during regular store hours.